The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, ½ in. thick slices
2 celery ribs, sliced lengthwise and cut in ½ in. slices
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 fresh thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
8-10 cups of chicken stock
8 oz. dried egg noodles
about 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Salt and fresh black pepper, optional chopped parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Let the vegetables soften 8-10 minutes on medium/high heat.
2. Add a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir occasionally.
3. After vegetables have softened a bit, remove bay leaf and thyme.
4. Add 8 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and add noodles. Cook noodles for about 5-6 minutes until softened. Add in chicken, stir; cook an addition 2-3 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of fresh parsley before serving. ENJOY!